Position: Executive Chef
Contract: Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Vivre Group is in the business of inspiring and delighting customers through amazing F&B experiences. With two of Bali’s most prestigious and luxurious events venues to our name, Taman Bhagawan and Puri Bhagawan, and our core business Vivre Catering, we’ve done thousands of events all over Bali, over the last 10 years.
The global pandemic saw our Chefs pivoting from preparing fine food and canapés for thousands at luxury events throughout the year, to smoking whole hams, making gourmet sausages by hand, and delivering over 60 full Christmas Roast Dinners to homes around the island on Christmas Day.
This pivot, and launch of Vivre Gourmet, kept our full-time staff working through a time when many of Bali’s F&B businesses closed. Now events are coming back with a bang, and we need a strong and dynamic leader to carry our multiple food businesses into a successful post-pandemic era.
The possibilities and rewards are endless, for the right Executive Chef, who thinks big, and has the skills to get us there.
This position is open to Indonesian Nationals & Expats
Leadership & Management
- Leading and managing a team of chefs & supporting kitchen staff
- Overall responsibility for all daily operations in the kitchen
- Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities
- Providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Delegating as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
Talent, Training & Development
- Recruiting and managing all kitchen staff
- Identifying the developmental needs of kitchen staff and providing coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Training kitchen staff on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate and catering presentations.
- Training, developing and motivating supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards, according to well defined recipes, on a consistent basis.
- Ensuring all existing menus are fit for purpose, satisfy customer requirements & quality standards, with well documented recipes and food presentation guidelines.
- Creating new menus as required, that meet customer requirements and company profit targets.
- Ensuring all menus are properly costed, and maintaining or raising the profit margins on food.
Marketing & Sales
- Engaging with potential customers in Vivre’s Food Tasting room; in some cases acting as host, explaining our products & services and assisting with upselling.
- Marketing for Sales success. Inputting and contributing to the provision of quality content for the marketing team to ensure maximum lead generation. Photos, videos, thought articles/blog posts, and post event reports.
- Interacting with clients to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Actively responding to and handling / rectifying guest problems and complaints.
Hygiene & Sanitation
- Ensuring compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Following proper handling and temperature control of all food products.
- Ensuring proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
- Ensuring all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and company standards.
- Ensuring that the quality of food is consistently high and that hygiene standards are exceeded
- Ensuring proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
- Ensuring all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
Cost Control & Profitability
- Organising budgets and finances for the kitchen operations
- Monitoring inventory levels of commonly used items to essential levels, and ensuring FIFO.
- Looking for ways to reduce spoilage of infrequently used items.
- Driving profitability through properly costed recipes and key supplier & product selection
Planning & Reporting
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and overseeing purchase orders.
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands.
- Classically trained chef will be an advantage, with previous experience as a Head Chef / Senior Sous
- 2+ Year Culinary Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar capacity/function in an international five-star hotel, or large catering/banqueting business, with a strong background in HACCP procedures and application.
- Great English is a must. Many Vivre clients are from overseas.
- A natural leader and able to negotiate.
- Strong passion for the art of food design.
- An understanding of produce and ingredients
- The ability to write menus that are both creative and profitable
- Excellent cooking skills
- Advanced knowledge of food hygiene & sanitation professional principles and practices.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Team player and capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Proactive, driven and goal oriented.
- Structured approach to work, with an eye for detail.
- Vibrant personality with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Good time-management skills
- Computer literate, ideally with proficiency in Google Suite application.