A Traditional individual Thailand style beef salad. Used throughout vivre catering
Sold direct to customers as a buffet item on Vivre catering
Used In Following Main Recipes
Batch Production Sizes
Recipe costing can be found on google sheet on Shared Drive.
- Tenderloin Tenderloin 600gr
- Sweet Soya Sauce 50gr
- Bean Sprout 50gr
- Mint Leaves 35gr
- Coriander Leaves 25gr
- Slice Spring Onion 15gr
- Slice Shallot 15gr
- Slice Bird Eye Chili 15gr
- White Cabbage 100gr
- Red Onion 100gr
- Cucumber 100gr
- jasmine rice 75gr
- Salt 15gr
- Pepper 10gr
- Nam Jim Dressing (Sub Recipe) 200gr
Preparation – Vivre
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread the rice on a small baking tray and roast for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown. Shake the tray every few minutes so the rice colours evenly. Tip into a bowl and allow the rice to cool completely.
- Sear the beef to medium rare then set aside
- Transfer to a mortar with the salt and grind to a very fine powder (or use a spice grinder). The finer the powder, the better. Sieve through a fine strainer and store in a sealed container in a dry place.
- Combine 1 cup of bean sprouts with the herbs, spring onions, shallot and chilli. Add a generous amount of nam jim dressing and toss gently. Slice the beef thinly and mix into the salad.
- Trim the cabbage leaves into smallish curved pieces and stack them together in groups of three to form four separate ‘cups’.
- To serve, divide the remaining bean sprouts among the cups and place a mound of salad on top. Sprinkle with roasted rice and serve.
- Chilled – 1 day