Fillet Beef Crostini & Horseradish Cream
Not for sale as a wholesale bulk item to select customers on Vivre Gourmet
Used In Following Main Recipes
- Fillet Beef Crostini & Horseradish Cream
Batch Production Sizes
Recipe costing can be found on google sheet on Shared Drive.
- Beef Fillet | Tenderloin 1kg
- Baguette 2 pcs
- Chronicon 50gr
- Chives 20gr
- Extra Virgin – Olive Oil 100ml
- Salt & pepper
For Horseradish Sauce
- Horseradish Cream 50gr
- Plain Yoghurt 50gr
- Mayonnaise 100gr
- Lemon juice 5ml
To Assemble Canape
- Crostini 50pcs
- Micro green Green mustard 1 pack
Preparation – Vivre
- Preheat your oven to 160°C . Slice the baguette into 0.5cm thick and roast it for about 8 minutes to make nice and crispy crostini.
- On a large plate scatter the crushed peppercorns and salt and roll the beef fillet in them so it’s totally coated.
- Get a pan smoking hot and add the oil, then place the beef fillet in the pan, turning so it’s seared all over — about 2 minutes per side, including the ends.
- Take the fillet out of the pan and pop in to the oven for 10 minutes (15 if you want medium doneness), remove from the oven and tightly wrap in plastic wrap, then place in to the freezer for an hour.
- While it’s cooling down and firming up, make the horseradish sauce by mixing the ingredients in a bowl and placing in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to serve, top the crostini with the horseradish sauce, then take the beef out of the freezer (it shouldn’t be frozen, just firmer and chilled down) and slice as finely as you can with a sharp knife, draping the beef slices over each of the crostini.
- Finished with chives and the sliced Cornichon
- GN Pan
- Label (insert hyperlink to the label to print to use)
- Chilled – 1 day